Advances in Personalized Healthcare Services, Wearable Mobile Monitoring, and Sensing Pervasive Technologies (APHS)
Workshop Chair: Dr. Emmanouil G. Spanakis
Modern mobile healthcare systems, supported by information and communication technologies, provide solutions for improving illness prevention, facilitating chronic disease management, empowering patients, enable personalization of care improving the productivity of healthcare provisioning and improve utilization of healthcare enabling the management of diseases outside institutions as well as encouraging citizens to remain healthy. Personalized healthcare emphasizes on the use of information about an individual/patient to select or optimize patient's preventative, therapeutic care and wellbeing. Modern healthcare solutions emphasize on the need to empower citizens to manage their own health and disease and include smart medical sensors, remote eHealth monitoring, smart-phone enabled data aggregation, medical awareness and analysis and context-aware assistive living technologies.
In this context, we invite researchers, physicians, computer scientists and engineers to present their experience and research work.
Topics covered (but not limited to):
- Mobile and wireless technologies for healthcare delivery, enhanced monitoring and self-management of disease and health;
- Mobile applications for health, wellbeing disease management and disease prevention;
- Internet of Things for healthcare in smart monitoring and diverse environments (i.e hospitals, home, Assisted living);
- Wireless, mobile and wearable devices for pervasive healthcare;
- Patient monitoring in diverse environments (hospitals, nursing, assisted living);
- Wireless access in ubiquitous systems for healthcare professionals;
- Interventions and limitations and clinical acceptability of modern technologies with respect to applications for the digital patient in terms of supporting personalised medicine;
- 5G infrastructure convergence networks for e-health;
- Legal and ethical aspects of Wearable, mobile monitoring, outdoor and home based telemedicine/e-health applications;
- Healthcare telemetry and telemedicine, remote diagnosis and patient management;
- Service-oriented middleware architecture for medical device connectivity in personal health monitoring applications;
- Technologies for the management and support of chronic diseases and the ageing population;
- Innovative communication and mobile technologies to support data collection and access, sharing, search and reasoning;
- Social media pervasive technologies for healthcare;
- Data mining, machine learning and signal processing;
- Security for e-health and modern healthcare mobile services;
- Biometrics, and privacy-preserving mechanisms for individualized e-Health.
All accepted papers will be published together with the proceedings of MobiHealth 2017 by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries.
Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as EAI's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Accepted Authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their work to Special Issue in the:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Pervasive Health and Technology
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communication and Applications.
Full Paper Submission deadline:
31 May 2017 extended to 30 June 2017
Notification and Registration Opening: 15 August 2017
Camera-ready deadline: 15 September 2017
APHS Workshop Chair: