4th International Conference on Wireless Mobile Communication and Healthcare - "Transforming healthcare through innovations in mobile and wireless technologies"
- Opportunities to enjoy the Satellite Event Benefits have been announced. More information can be found here.
- Late breaking one-page paper submission opens July 30, 2014. More information can be found here.
- New submission deadline: 29 July 2014 (extended and final!)
- Workshop on "The challenge on integrating wireless technology into Medical Devices (MDT)" has been announced. More information can be found here.
- Special Session on "RF Challenges and Opportunities for Mobile Health (RFmH)" has been announced. More information can be found here.
- Workshop on "eHealth@Home - Infrastructure and services for remote multi-parametering monitoring, analysis and support (eHealth)" has been announced. More information can be found here.
- Special Session on "Ubiquitous Smart Wireless Communication Technologies for Remote Healthcare (SWCT)" has been announced. More information can be found here.
- Special Session on "Current Trends in Wearable Technologies, Body Sensor Networks and Internet-of-Things enabling Pervasive Healthcare (BSN)" has been announced. More information about the scope, the topics, and the paper submission can be found here.
- Selected papers will be invited for submission to a Special Issue of the Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (former IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine).
- Satellite Event on "Innovative System and Services: EU funded Research and Industry Forum" has been announced.
- 2nd Call for Papers has been announced.
- Special Session on "Advances in Medical Diagnosis and Therapy Applications of Electromagnetic Fields (MDTA)" is announced. More information about the scope, the topics and the paper submission can be found here.
- Special Session on "Advances in Intra-body Communication (IBC)" is announced. More information about the scope, the topics and the paper submission can be found here.
- RFID International Workshop is announced. More information about the scope of the workshop and the paper submission can be found here.
- SWAD International Workshop is announced. More information about the scope, the topics and the paper submission can be found here.
- APHS International Workshop is announced. More information about the scope, the topics and the paper submission can be found here.
- Andreas Lymberis, European Commission, Research program officer in Components Unit, Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology.
- Richard Kemkers, Philips Research Eindhoven, Head of the Department "Patient Care Solutions".
- Gisele Roesems-Kerremans, Deputy Head of (ICT for) Health and Wellbeing unity within DG CONNECT, the Communications Networks, Content and Technology Directorate General of the European Commission.
- Gianluca Lazzi, USTAR Professor and Department Chair, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah.
- May D. Wang, Associate Professor, Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology.
More Information about keynote lectures can be found here.
The 4th edition of MobiHealth proposes to continue and extend the focus areas of the first three editions, emphasizing on specific research and scientific challenges in the Healthcare Technology domain faced in Europe and globally and hence more interactive input from industry. The objectives of the conference are to advance medical diagnosis, treatment, and patient care through application of wireless communications, mobile computing and sensing technologies. Contributions will be solicited regarding the interdisciplinary design of efficient protocols and technologies to help implement and provide advanced mobile health care applications. The essence of the conference lies in its interdisciplinary nature, with original contributions cutting across boundaries but all within the ambit of the application of mobile communications (technologies, standards, solutions, methodologies, …) aiming at the improvement of human health.
- Advances in sensor devices for biomedical monitoring
- Miniaturization of wireless devices and micro sensors for medical applications
- RF Integrated Circuits for Low Power Medical Applications
- Printable-flexible-stretchable electronics for wearable systems
- Personal area networks and body area sensor networks
- High data rate wireless protocols for biosignals
- Heterogeneous wireless technologies and their co-existence in clinical environments
- Ad hoc wireless networks for enhanced monitoring
- Health monitoring
- Healthcare telemetry and telemedicine
- Remote diagnosis and patient management
- Biomedical devices for remote monitoring
- Energy scavenging for wireless biomedical applications
- Energy management and optimisation issues in biomedical devices and networks
- E-textile integrated biosensors and circuits
- Wearable, outdoor and home-based applications
- Intra-body communication issues (propagation & transmission)
- Wearable medical devices and sensors
- Implantable and ingestible medical devices and sensors
- Decision support algorithms for data analysis
- Accuracy, reliability, security, protection, identity, privacy, of diagnoses and data
- Radio-Frequency Wireless Technology in Medical Devices and Safety
- Microwave interaction with biological tissues
- All-pervasive wireless systems for health applications
- Factoring in the environment (hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living…)
- All presented papers in the conference will be published in the proceedings of the conference and submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
- A Student Contest will be held during Mobihealth 2014. The contest is open to all Master and PhD students, who appear as the first author and present the paper at the conference. Students intending to participate in the contest are invited to send an email here. Please specify the title of the paper and the name of the student author.
- The Proceedings of MobiHealth 2012 are available by Springer,
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT www.eai.eu.